Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This Mother's Day has been unlike any other.  Honestly, the last five have been awful.  They were painful reminders of what I once had(but lost too soon), what I yearned for in the present, and what I was beginning to doubt I would ever have in the future.  But this Mother's Day?  This year was much, much different.  It represented answered prayers, unspeakable joy, renewed hope, tears of longing for my son in heaven, and tears of gratitude for the son in my arms.

One day, I will share the story of our fertility struggles.  I've gone to write the post many times, but haven't had the courage to hit "publish".  But, for anyone reading this that is currently battling (and it is a battle...in every sense of the word) infertility, know that you are not alone.  Know that God will grant you your heart's desire.  Know that what is impossible with man, IS possible with God!  And don't let anyone tell you any different.

This Mother's Day, my dreams came true.  I held my own flesh and blood in my arms.  He is alive.  He is healthy.  And, he's completely adored.  All of that I owe to Jesus.  Thank You, Lord for this perfect gift!

Hudson is not a morning person.  He comes by that naturally.

I am so grateful to have had the last 7 weeks home with my boy:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing this beautiful post...so happy for you! Hudson is absolutely adorable!
Shanelle Leigh

Bren said...

What a wonderful post to read!

Also, I look forward to reading your fertility post, as someone who also struggled with infertility :)